Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time Flies....








So I was supposed to blog on my myspace account when I got back from Utah in August, and obviously it never happened. Happy to say I have pulled my head out and am now enjoying a quiet afternoon TO MYSELF!!! So now we'll update. Yes... new blogspot. I'm sick of the crap people. Hopefully you'll all be able to access this acct better than the other one.


So, now to update you. I'll summarize. Our Summer was chaotic, but a lot of fun. Hopefully we got all the sick out of us before baby comes. Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know, we're expecting #3 and final in 3 weeks. Looking forward to meeting it, boy or girl, and then not having to ever be pregnant sick again. It's a beautiful feeling.


Corey started Dental School in August and comes home with a smile on his face almost everyday. He is loving it! Ethan thinks he is going to church everyday because he has to wear a shirt and tie. We were really surprised to find out that 5 other classmates live here in Village Green. That has been a lot of fun. Next year we'll probably have half the class living here. It will be good for those late night study sessions. I thought this whole Dental School thing would be harder than it is, but so far, I am really enjoying it. I guess it's just because it feels like we've been waiting for it for so long, that now that it's finally here, it feels cloudy and dream like.

Ethan also started school. He is in Pre-K at Bancroft Elementary School. It's a good thing his teacher said they like the tough ones, because I have a feeling he just might break them. But he is definitely doing much better. He is growing up so much, and is a crack a minute. He says some of the funniest things and has some of the funniest faces to go along with it. He is very animated. For example, the picture at the top. We see this face a lot. It's kind of the "Oh crap, I'm in trouble face." Because believe it or not, he does a lot of that getting in trouble business.


Autumn... Well, she's found her attitude. She is now 15 months and is talking sentences, and if she can't say the word and you guess what she wants, you get a forever smile that you figured it out. She eats like a bird. Her favorite fit throwing these days, or at least the newest one is what we like to call the butt fit. She has her feet flat on the floor and her hands too, and she shakes her butt in the air. It's hard not to laugh. I used to think Ethan was loud, but Autumn gets the prize. WOW! She has got a good set of lungs on her, and they usually come out at feeding time. She has started fighting back with Ethan. That's pretty funny to see. this little thing pushing Ethan around. She's pretty tough. She has her Dad WRAPPED!!! She can do no wrong. The other day we were taking the garbage out and Corey got home early from school, and she was throwing a fit on the sidewalk and saw the jeep and took off running. She knows where the sympathy is, that's for sure. But with a face like that, it's hard to say no.


All in all, things are good. I will brag and say, I got all of my Christmas shopping done already. We had the budget all worked out and I realized that it is going to be really cold and I'm going to have a newborn and I just don't want to do that, so... I jumped on it. It's a very nice feeling.


And now I will take my bow and pat myself on the back, because although this blog thing is not perfect, or as easy as I thought, it's done!! Enjoy.










7 comments:

Andee said...

Thank you for the pictures! Congrats on your new journey in dental school. I remember those days very well. They will become some of your most memorable days !!Village Green sounds so familiar. Most of the medical and dental school students in our ward (Omaha 1st) lived in Village Green. Glad to hear you are all well and happy. Anxious to hear about the newest arrival!! Take care, Andee

J.M. and Tresha said...

LOVE IT!! I've been waiting and waiting for an update! I love seeing your pictures and reading your stories... very entertaining. Thank you for doing it. I guess the next update we get will have pictures of a tiny, new baby in it! How exciting. Hope all is well. Love and miss you all of you!

Tresha

The Mathews Family said...

FINALLY! This is great! That was an AWESOME post. I've been wondering how you were hanging in there. It was so awesome that we got to hang out a little this summer. It was long overdue! I am excited for your sweet baby #3 and happy that you'll be done with the pregnancy icky's.

I'm so glad Dental school is going well. I never thought I'd miss our days in Med school, and it seemed impossible at the time, but the schedule was sure easier!

Give the kids a squish for us!

Jessie Riley said...

OK. RANDOM and SO FUN... but I was on SOMEONE else's blog and saw a link to someone with the last name of RUNIA. I had to take a peek... and when i did... I knew it was one of your bro's. So I looked on their sidebar and saw the name MISSY... and KNEW it was YOU!

OK. now I totally look like a stalker... but I promise. I'm not!

BUT... This is all so funny, because I looked for you on Facebook the other day when Becky Mccullough invited me to be her friend... and RANDOM I know, but I'd LOVE to keep in touch with you. AND... too funny that you are living in OMAHA... I live in IOWA!

EMAIL ME... jessieriley@hotmail.com

-Jessie {Evans} Riley

Joni said...

Wow, good to see your new blog. Can't wait to see that new little Hogge. I'm so glad Corey is liking school. You look so cute pregnant. I'm giving Shamu a run for his money.

Bird Brain #3 said...

Missy - LOVE the pics. But time for some more. :) And GET THAT BABY OUT!

Nat

Jess and Jer said...

Welcome to blogspot, I enjoy it and it's pretty easy to use. Can't wait to see picts of the new nephew! Love the picts of the kids by the way, I was laughing so hard at Ethan's that is soo him.